Thursday, October 26, 2017

Morrison Hotel & Hard Rock Cafe


When I first moved to L.A., I lived in Downtown. My time living in DTLA was great, and I try and get back to the area as much as possible. One of the things I liked to do when I lived there, and a thing I like to do around L.A. as much as possible is to visit culture landmarks. Especially those that are abandoned, forgotten, or totally made over. Recently, I went to find the original Morrison Hotel and Hard Rock Cafe that was featured on the front and back covers of the classic Doors album.

The original Morrison Hotel was located at 1246 South Hope Street. Currently, the Morrison Hotel building is abandoned but is likely to be converted into apartments or a boutique hotel in the near future as the revitalization of downtown continues. The Hard Rock Cafe was located at 300 East 5th Street and is now a Green Apple Market. Both of the iconic album photos were taken by the legendary Henry Diltz.

Cover of The Doors Morrison Hotel Album

The Window of The Morrison Hotel as of 2017.

View of The Morrison Hotel from across the street.

View of the alley alongside the side of the hotel.  

The Original Hard Rock Cafe in Downtown Los Angeles.

The Doors inside The Original Hard Rock Cafe in Downtown Los Angeles

Green Apple Market which currently occupies the space where the Hard Rock Cafe was located. 


No comments:

Post a Comment